Sunday 12 May 2013

Weekly roundup (16 weeks to go)

eeek!  16 weeks to go until I toe the start line of my first 70.3!  Time to start proper training this week, according to The Plan, although it's my modified adaption of it.  This makes me a little anxious as actually I've only got 12 slots for long bike rides available to me left, and what happens if the weather misbehaves?!  Today's bike ride was pretty good, I pushed myself hard to keep up with the pace for the first half and did a pretty good job.  Unfortunately, the last ten miles were a bit of a struggle and I wasn't able to keep up.  But I enjoyed the first bit of being out and the sun that we had here this morning.

What did I get up to this week?
A good week for swimming (15.75k), an ok week for running (13k) and a bike ride.  No pilates.  But 3 wetsuit swims:
Monday: 3.5k swim am, 1k openwater swim pm.
Tuesday: 8k run am
Wednesday: 2.5k swim am
Thursday: 5k swim am, 5k run am
Friday: OFF (but not v restful as hectic day at work)
Saturday: 750m openwater swim am, 3k wetsuit pool swim pm.
Sunday: 70k bike

(Total = 10.5 hours training)

What is the plan for this week?
Monday: 2.5k swim am, 6k run pm
Tuesday: 2.5k swim am, hopefully a bit of bike pm
Wednesday: 8 or 9k run am, pilates pm
Thursday: 4.5k swim am, 40 mins turbo (with 4 x 30 second sprints, scattered)
Friday: OFF
Saturday: help with beginners openwater swim am, second swim am or run.
Sunday: Bike ride (at least 20 miles)

2 comments:

  1. So ... the first time I read the title, I thought it said six weeks, and I freaked out a little. Whew, glad it's 16 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! When you write about open-water swims, what kind of waterway are you swimming in? I'm trying to picture you and not sure whether I should be thinking of a lake, a river or a canal (or something else?). Are other people or boats etc in there with you? It sounds terribly intimidating to me!

    ReplyDelete