Saturday 9 February 2013

Catching up again

Not a great week in training terms.  Came down with a sore throat on Tuesday, having had swollen glands for two days, which has resulted in a mild cold.  Busy week at work and continued low mood has made it difficult to motivate myself beyond the bare minimum, but there is also the little matter of my first half marathon on my mind. Which is tomorrow.  The weather is currently pretty grim, so at this stage I'm not promising to get out of bed and do it!

Anyway, 13.25k swimming in the bag at this stage, plus a pilates class.  Mr Tuna and I should have been practicing the exercises we were given after our private tuition last Sunday, but we haven't. :-/

In other news, I'm packing my suitcase, or trying to, for Tenerife.  This time next week I'll be there, hopefully in the sun.  Can't quite imagine it.  It's very difficult to pack for temperatures averaging 20C when they currently average nearly 20C less than that.  Can't logically decide how many jumpers I need, and whether or not I should pack tights!  Also unsure as to how many event freebie t-shirts can get away with packing, I don't want to look really sad.  Fortunately this year I'm travelling with Jet2 rather than RyanAir and my reward for this is a 23kg baggage allowance which is helpful.  I'll be taking my laptop and hoping to blog while I'm away as I'd like to try and record some of the stuff that we do so that I can go back and revisit it once I'm back here, but also for the obligatory (hopefully) blue skies and beautiful swimming pool pictures :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your half! It will be a huge confidence boost when your cross the finish line, especially in terms of your half-Ironman.

    ReplyDelete