Sunday 2 December 2012

Last week/this week (WIDDIUP)

Last week wasn't terribly successful in terms of meeting the schedule I'd set myself, and consequently I only clocked around 5 hours of training (what a difference to the time put in missing the long bike ride makes!).  On the plus side, I did listen to my body and make sensible decisions re biking when it was icy.   All of the swimming sessions were completed.  I missed the run home from work as I wasn't sure that my legs had 100% recovered.  The plan for today was a 2-3 hour bike with the tri club, but when I woke up and saw that most of the slower people had dropped out, I wasn't too keen.  Also, it was icy, and another cycling club had cancelled their rides which made me feel dubious about whether or not it was sensible to go out.  I also woke up feeling a bit tired, so probably should have taken a rest day, but I swam anyway.  Which I kind of regretted as it certainly wasn't the best swim.  And then I came out with legs that wanted to go cycling.  Oh well.  Hopefully the twitchy feeling will translate to a good run tomorrow night!


Once again, I'm joining with Carrie from Fitness and Frozen Grapes and putting down on paper my plans for this week in "WIDDIU" - Write it down, do it up.  Planning is definitely going to be key to make sure I get some training done during December which is going to be a busy month.  Here's the plan for my week:

Monday - am: 45 min swim (main set of 2(3x300) with the middle 300 each time pull only); pm: 3.5 or 5k run after work.

Tuesday - am: 45 min swim (main set of breathing pattern work).

Wednesday - am: 45 min swim (recovery/easy swimming); pm: run home from work (7k)

Thursday - am: 75-90 min swim (1k drills, 6x600 off 10:15, warm down)

Friday - am: 45 min swim (drills/endurance)

Saturday - am: 3.5k or 5k run; lunchtime: 2.5k-3k swim with Tuna Friend Fiona

Sunday - am: bike.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention! Maybe I should make a badge or something that could go on our blogs--hmmmm. It's getting tougher and tougher to ride outside. Thankfully, "Santa" gave me a bike trainer as an early Christmas present. ;) I need to spend a lot of time on the saddle this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan. Are we meant to be sharing ours here? I am trying to get a bit leaner and more flexible, and to embrace this DTP business my personal trainer is on about (what does it stand for? Dunno. But you do 50 reps with a stupidly light weight, 40 of one heavier, 30 of the next one up, then 20 then 10: you can stay at the same weight for some and the reps are of bicep curls, tricep dips, shoulder presses, all sitting on a ball, chest presses and something else lying on the ball, and leg extensions on the machine). I tried it once and tried to do all of them in one go, which you're not meant to do. Today I did biceps, triceps, shoulders, legs, starting with 5 mins of hard rowing and finishing with 20 minutes marching up a hill on the treadmill with faster bursts. And it did go OK.

    Plan this week is

    Mon: Not sure, maybe recumbent bike intervals with book (I still sweat, and I get to read!)

    Tue: Hopefully personal training - an hour of TRX and boxing. If not, then an hour doing machines and weights with a bit of cardio.

    Wed: Yoga class

    Thu: Rest day or a walk

    Fri: Yoga class

    Sat: Rest day

    Sun: DPT and cardio.

    ReplyDelete