Thursday 27 September 2012

Bit frustrated

So, Mr W reported a niggling throat on Friday, woke up with a full blown cold on Saturday, struggled through a long day playing with a band, and then spent all of Sunday in bed.  At this stage, ministering to the invalid, I thought I'd escaped.  Ha, no.  Tuesday I had a throat, Wednesday a full blown cold, and Thursday I spent my precious morning off work in bed.

Why am I frustrated?  Last big race of the season, it's my last chance to get under the hour for 3.8k in 2012.  Firstly I don't know if I'm going to be well enough to race, secondly, I know that I won't be 100% firing on all cylinders even if I am, as I've missed my training this week (on top of less than ideal training in the run up).  Just don't know what I want to do.  Do I want to race even if I'm not better just to get 1:04ish?  Will it give me a relapse of my cold which I really don't want for the busiest work week of the year?

To end on a positive note, I ended up buying one of the pictures from my tri at the Festival of Sport.  I just love this picture (even if I am clutching at the brakes!).


1 comment:

  1. Love the picture! You look so poised, confident, and in control in the saddle. :) I hope you feel better soon. I'd play it by ear and see how you're feeling the day before and the day of before making a definite decision. (Although since it is the last race of the season, I totally understand racing and toughing it out; that's probably what I would do!)

    ReplyDelete